First of all, good job on deciding to pressure wash your home! Pressure washing (or some people like to call them power washing) is such a great investment in preserving the value of your home. Further, it is not difficult to see that the results are dramatic and quick. It may seem like an unnecessary luxury to hire a professional to pressure wash your home when you’re not aware of its benefits, but that’s not the case. Every homeowner should make it a regular part of their maintenance routine.
Your home is constantly subjected to harsh elements like sun, wind, dirt, ultraviolet rays, insects, bird droppings, as well as things like acid rain, smoke, pollutants, and car exhaust, which all deteriorate your home’s exterior surfaces. You can restore your home’s exterior with pressure washing, which is the most efficient and effective method of keeping it clean while securing your investment, time, and family’s health.
Before we move on, to preparing for a professional to pressure wash your home, let’s briefly go over the pros and cons of having to do pressure washing your own home versus getting professional pressure washing services to do it.
Pros of Pressure Washing on Your Own
- You can save money. Hiring a professional will definitely cost you, so if you can really save if you do it yourself. And to be honest, this might only be the positive thing of pressure washing your home, the savings.
The Cons of Pressure Washing on Your Own
- Most likely, you don’t know how to use a pressure washer. The downside of not knowing how to use a pressure washer means possibly doing more significant damage to your property rather than cleaning it. There is a proper way of using a pressure washer, and it so far from a regular water hose.
- You would need to get the correct machine to do the work. Again, most likely, you don’t have the pressure washing machine to do the job, so you would have to rent or buy the machine and the chemicals or solutions you need to use. So you have so many things to think about.
- It will take so much of your time and effort. Pressure cleaning an exterior of a home will take time and effort, especially for someone who does not know how to do it. It might take more time in comparison to if professionals do it.
- In relation to not knowing how to use a pressure washing machine, you might end up not doing a perfect job at cleaning it. So it might just be a waste of time and effort with results that are well below your expectations.
Pros of Hiring Professional Washing Services
- You don’t have to worry about machines and solutions. Getting and paying for the services of professional pressure washers means you also pay for the types of equipment that they will use to complete the job that complies with the industry standards. That also includes the proper wardrobe.
- You can relax while they clean your home exterior. Because professionals are doing the job for you, you can just sit back, relax, spend your precious time with your family, or do something you love.
- You can rest assured that your home is in good hands. Given that the people who will do the pressure washing are professionals, they know what they are doing. They can get the job done without damaging your home exterior. Professionals like these have skills at tackling complicated challenges and can anticipate issues before they emerge.
- You can keep yourself away from harm. Handling a pressure washer is not as simple as handling a garden hose. There is so much that you have to consider, and if you are not careful, you might end up hurting yourself. So hiring professionals can keep you in harm’s way.
Con of Hiring Professional Washing Services
- It will cost you money since you will be paying for the pressure washing machines, solutions/ chemicals, and the expertise of the whole process. But, keep in mind that such an investment does save more money than attempting to get the job done yourself. Plus, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that professionals are doing the job right!
What to Do Before A Pressure Washing
Make sure that you close and lock your windows and doors
Make sure no water can enter through any openings. You definitely don’t want to worsen your house’s problems by adding water damage. Be sure your doors and windows are fully closed so that no one can enter your home. If you notice any leaks or holes where water might still enter, do not forget to inform the washers. Being forewarned is essential so that the washers can take extra precautions around the area.
You should move or cover anything you do not want wet
Store all tools and furniture away from the work area. This includes any furniture on your patio, garden tools, and your car if your driveway is being washed. During pressure washing, the spray of water carries old paint and other debris. Secure these items far away from the action. If you cannot remove them, cover them with durable, waterproof plastic.
Water and electricity don’t mix.
This is actually basic knowledge. It is obvious that you need to re-locate electronic appliances and gadgets. You need to pay particular attention to exterior electrical outlets since they are easy to overlook. Ensure that you unplug extension cords and tighten the covers on the outlets.
Keep Children and Pets at a Safe Distance
The Intense kinetic energy that the high-pressure water stream produces is dangerous. A substantial amount of pressure will break the skin, causing significant injury. You should keep your children and pets away from the doors and windows while you are cleaning the house. You might even want to schedule a playdate somewhere else while the cleaning is ongoing.
Protect the Plants Too
The majority of pressure washing services use environmentally friendly products when cleaning surfaces. So you don’t have to worry about harmful chemicals going to your plants. But the high pressure should be something to think about. There is a danger that the water pressure will destroy flowers, leaves, and branches. If you have plants that are part of the landscape, cover them with sturdy, waterproof plastic. And if they are in pots, transfer them somewhere safe.
Who do you call?
Preparing for the cleaning day isn’t so bad, right? It is straightforward and doable. Plus, if you’re on the lookout for a professional service provider for pressure washing, you might want to check out Budget Pressure Washing Augusta, GA. They are Augusta pressure washing experts, and they take pride in being the best restoration professionals in CSRA.
The company is dedicated to using the most environmentally friendly practices when it comes to power washing. Every technician has ample training to protect your landscape from chemical spraying. Your surfaces will be left spotless with their cleaning solution without harming plants.
Services offered are not just limited to home exterior cleaning; they also provide cleaning services for the following:
- Paint Removal
- Grime Removal
- Gum Removal
- Algae Removal
- Exterior Mold Removal
- Exterior Mildew Removal
- Brick Cleaning
- Siding Restoration
- Metal Cleaning
- Window and Glass Washing
- Porches / Deck Cleaning
- Patio Cleaning
- Driveway Restoration
- Sidewalk Cleaning
- Stone and Slate Siding Cleaning
- Cement Fiber Siding
- Aluminum Siding
- Post & Rail Fence Cleaning
- Panel Fence Cleaning
- Vinyl Fence Cleaning
- Chain Link Fence Cleaning
- Garage Floor Cleaning
- Rubber Flooring Cleaning
- Parking Lot Cleaning
Why budget pressure washing pro?
In general, dirt and grime accumulate mainly over time in the exterior of your home. The more dirt would clog these deep places, the more difficult it would be to remove them using conventional means.
A premier cleaning service, Budget Pressure Washing Pro provides outstanding cleaning services for those tough and heavy dirt build-ups. The highly-trained workers all possess the same drive, energy, and passion needed to create a pristine environment for each of their clients. However, they aren’t just in the business of removing all that dirt and grime. They are also working constantly to provide a higher-quality seal by deep cleaning and maintaining a healthier and more stable atmosphere for their customers. Furthermore, they ensure that the price of their services is affordable for everyone to enjoy a clean life. They offer packages that are not heavy for most loyal customers. They even introduced budget packages with quarterly plans and huge discounts. So you can make sure that your home exterior is clean all year round.
You may call them on their landline at (706) 539-4771 to know more about their services, or you can check out the site of Budget Pressure Washing Augusta GA here for quotation: https://budgetpressurewashingpro.com/.